TABC is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Denomination. All SBC churches maintain their autonomy and make decisions for themselves by themselves. We are able to participate in denominational activities such as youth events at Camp Webster in Salina. Our denomination has sought to live out truth and grace—standing on the authority of God's word while actively reaching out to meet the real needs of people. We are the third largest provider of disaster relief in America (behind the Salvation Army and the Red Cross).
Tabc Basic Beliefs
There is one and only one living and true God. God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe, His creatures, and the history of the world. Jesus is the Only Son of God (John 3:16), the second person of the Trinity, who was sent by God, the Father to die for the sins of the world, and He was raised on the third day. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who lives in every believer to transform him or her into the likeness of Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14).
The Holy Bible is God’s inspired, written word that is complete and correct, in which there are no errors (2 Timothy 3:16). The Bible is the revelation of God’s purposes in history and salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ, and is the disciple’s normative guide for daily living.
All people have sinned and fallen short of the standard of God (Romans 3:23). The earnings (wage) of this sin is eternal death (Romans 6:23). But Christ, because He loved us, made a way for us to avoid this death (Romans 5:8). If we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that Jesus was the Son of God and died and rose again for our sins, we can be saved (Romans 10:9). We can be sure that we are saved by the promise of God (1 John 5:13), the witness of our hearts (Romans 8:16), and our changed lives (2 Corinthians 5:17). Salvation is from God and by God, not by any works that people can do (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The church is the visible presence of Christ in the world today, and it is the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23). The church is composed of freely gathered baptized followers of Christ who share one Lord, one faith, one baptism: (Ephesians 4:5). The church is not a place, but people. The purpose of the church is to glorify Christ by worshipping Him, by proclaiming Christ as the Lord and Savior in word and actions, and by equipping and building up His body, the Church.
Each follower of Christ is called to be a witness in the world (Acts 1:8) and to make other disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). Each disciple has a place of ministry within the Body of Christ. God has gifted each believer with at least one spiritual gift for the purpose of building up the body and carrying out God’s mission in her or his life (Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4:11-13).
TABC Core Values
1. Love – Love should permeate every relationship of life.
2. Evangelism – God relentlessly pursues the lost and the church shouldreflect His passion.
3. Excellence – We should give our best efforts to our God-given priorities.
4. Integrity – Authenticity and truth should permeate our deeds and speech.
5. Gifts – All believers should serve in ways that match their spiritual giftedness and fulfill their God-given passion.
6. Relevance – The church should remain relevant to our society while remaining true to God’s Word.
7. Kingdom – The work of God should be the focus of our dreams and efforts.
8. Growth – Believers should be intentional in their efforts to grow spiritually.
9. Community – The church should function as an ever-growing family centered around our oneness in Christ.
10. Leadership – Leaders should have the spiritual gift of leadership, model true Christ-likeness and lead the church.
Creating a culture of Teamwork, Unity, and Grace